Saturday, December 28, 2013

Memorable Times and Favorite Things--13 in 13 Linky Party





2013 was certainly filled with lots of surprises and fulfilled plans...December especially seemed to rock on through and I am sort of sad to see it be over.  But, I am looking forward to seeing what blessings come along in 2014!!!


NUMBER 1

This year my husband and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary!



Boy that was a memorable day...I was so glad when it was all over.  But, I was also the happiest girl on earth because I got to marry my best friend and soul mate! Our Anniversary was on December 16th.



NUMBER 2

I got to see my baby brother (he is 2 years younger than me) for the first time in 13 years...the number 13 is big in my life! This picture was actually taken just 2 days ago on December 26th!



NUMBER 3

My great-nephew Keegan was born on December 21st.  I was 2 hours away from the whole birthing episode and was so anxious!  I wish I could have been there.  I even asked my sister to Skype me on her phone so that I could see how my niece was doing.  She didn't go for it.  But, on Christmas Eve, I got to hold Baby Keegan for the first time!  I love you, Keegan!






NUMBER FOUR


My husband was invited to a local church to sing...I love to hear him sing.  He hasn't gotten the chance to sing solos a lot lately so this was a real treat!  You can tell that he has lost a lot of weight since we got married (over 100 lbs!) if you compare this to the wedding photo.  If you want to hear him sing you can click on the pic below or the link here!  He is a natural comedian and has a beautiful voice...he keeps saying that one day we are going to move to Pigeon Forge so that he can work in a dinner theater!  We shall see!






NUMBER 5

I got a Beat Box (Dr. Dre approved, no less!) for Christmas from my husband.  I am so excited!  I use music a lot in my classroom and have a membership for Spotify, so I can basically find just about any song that I need.  The problem is that I didn't have any good speakers to project the music...so this is AWESOME!!!


NUMBER 6


I pulled off the ultimate surprise...I got my husband an iPad for Christmas!  He had asked for one jokingly this year and I was able to save up and get him one.  I actually got a pretty good price on Amazon.  The look on his face was priceless!


NUMBER 7


I began drinking the ZEAL Wellness drink....and it changed my life.  And I'm not kidding.  There have been times when I was not able to climb out of bed in the morning due to fibromyalgia and staying dizzy all of the time due to vertigo from Meniere's Disease.  My chiropractor introduced it to me saying that she thought it would help me get rid of some of the toxins in my body that had built up due to my medications.  I'm not sure exactly what it did, but I am rarely dizzy, my muscles don't hurt near as much as they did, and I never have heartburn.  The only thing it hasn't been able to help with or cure is my sinus issues which are due to allergies.  If you would like to know more about it, just email me or leave me a comment and tell me how to reach you.  I can tell you more about it or you can just click on the picture above and go find out more for yourself!  I recommend it!!


NUMBER 8

Last year I started using Sight Word Phrase Cards in my room.  It is still a favorite in my classroom.  My goal is to make them for every subject.  My kids LOVE to do these during inside recess even...they have no clue that they are learning!  I have all sort of different versions of them so go take a look!  There are even some free ones!



NUMBER 9

I changed the name of my blog from Best Practices 4 Teaching (still the name of my stores) to Charts N Chit Chat and my friend Tessa gave my blog a makeover...I am so thankful for her!




NUMBER 10

I became a member of the Owlways Be Inspired  Blog for 2nd and 3rd grade teachers.  I haven't been able to blog as much as I need to/want to, but I have met a fantastic group of teachers that are absolutely the best ever.  If you teach grades 1-4 (we offer some easier and harder materials, too!) you need to come on and follow us!




NUMBER 11

I learned to pin from my phone!!  The world is now a better place!  j/k  I do enjoy laying in bed at night pinning things I see.  I am in the process of redoing some of the boards I have and it is a slow process...but it is fun because I have been able to pin a lot of neat stuff.



NUMBER 12

I became open and honest about my little addictions in life.

I love these!


I would rather buy children's books for my classroom than by clothes....



This is my favorite candy...


My husband says, "You are what you eat."  HA!  At least I am a little on the smart side!!



Number 13


One of my daughter's little guilty pleasures is shoes....she has more shoes than I do.  Who would have ever thought that I would even THINK about buying silver high top wedge heeled tennis shoes for my kid.  So...when I saw these, I knew I had to indulge her...after all, her birthday is only 3 days after Christmas so I wanted to get her something special.  These are the craziest shoes I have ever seen and of course she loved them.  My son told her that she needs to wear these whenever we go to an amusement park so that she looks taller and can ride anything she wants!  I loved being able to give her something so weird and strange but at the same time they are 'so ugly they are cute'.



And with that I bid you





2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower! Thank you so much for your generosity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi! I appreciate you coming by!!

    ReplyDelete

Remember....please follow my blog while you are here!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover